APF Esther Katz Rosen Fund Grants for Gifted Children and Youth Research
The Esther Katz Rosen Fund* was established in 1974 by a generous bequest intended to support “…activities related to the advancement and application of knowledge about gifted children.”
Rosen Fund grants:
- Enable and enhance development of identified gifted and talented children and adolescents.
- Encourage promising psychologists to continue innovative research and programs in this area.
Support will be provided for activities on the advancement and application of knowledge related to identified gifted and talented children and adolescents, such as:
- Pilot projects.
- Research-based programs.
Grant amounts range from $1,000 to $50,000.
Proposals will be evaluated on:
- Conformance with stated program goals and qualifications
- Quality and impact of proposed work
- Innovation and contribution to the field
- Applicant’s demonstrated competence and capability to execute the proposed work
*In November 2013, the American Psychological Foundation Board of Trustees combined the Rosen Graduate Student Fellowship and Rosen Early Career Research Grant into a single program, the Esther Katz Rosen Fund Grants.
- Be affiliated with a school or education institution.
- Hold a doctoral degree from, or be a graduate student at, an accredited university for research proposals.
Graduate students and early career psychologists (10 years or less postdoctoral) are encouraged to apply. APF also supports pilot projects that, if successful, would be strong candidates for support from major federal and foundation funding agencies, and “demonstration projects” that promise to generalize broadly to other geographical areas and/or to other settings. Teaching time releases are not supported from the Rosen Fund.
Detailed proposal that makes a case for the need to be addressed; describes the proposed project, methodology and the applicant's qualifications; and includes a detailed budget and justification.
- Format: not to exceed 7 pages (1 inch margins, no smaller than 11 point font); one paragraph abstract.
- If questionnaires are referenced in proposals, they must be included with the application.
- If applicable, proposals should describe “participant characteristics” in full detail.
- Appropriate use of assessment is encouraged.
- Current CV.
- Two letters of support.