Call for nominations: A.SK Social Science Award
The WZB Berlin Social Science Center invites nominations for the A.SK Social Science Award 2017. The award honors research on public policy with a focus on economic and governmental reforms by scholars, practitioners and professionals with a prize of €100,000.
The A.SK Social Science Award honors research in the spirit of the A.SK mission statement presenting new ideas on Economic Reform and Government Reform, with a global perspective, such as:
- the role of entrepreneurs and competitive cooperation for economic well-being and development
- the micro- and macroeconomic features of systems which allow employees to participate more in the ownership of their companies through ownership components of salaries
- the allocative and distributive qualities of systems where individual land ownership rights are limited to long-term leases,
- the possibilities for the financial sector to have more direct links to the national production of goods and services in order to prevent monetary instabilities and speculative deformations,
- the possibilities of governmental reforms
- civil society and the contribution of non-governmental organisations to democratic and effective governance
- the potential of multi-level democracies
- preconditions of good governance in state and society.
Previous A.SK Social Science Award holders are:
- Sir Antony Atkinson, Professor of Economics, Oxford (2007)
- Martha C. Nussbaum, Professor of Law and Ethics, University of Chicago (2009)
- Transparency International, Berlin (2011)
- Paul Collier, Oxford (2013)
- Esther Duflo, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2015)
The members of the Award Committee are:
- Prof. Dr. Werner Abelshauser, University of Bielefeld
- Prof. Jutta Allmendinger, Ph.D., WZB Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Tanja Börzel, Free University of Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Dorothea Kübler, WZB Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Orlando Patterson, Harvard University
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Töpfer, former Federal Minister of Environment et al.