Call for a post-doctoral contract at the Labex Arts-H2H
his year, the Labex Arts-H2H launches its call for one post-doctoral contract. Please note that this year, the future docotral students’ research must imperatively fall within one ongoing project of the Labex Arts-H2H.
- Application form, filled in and signed by the applicant and the leader of the Labex project.
- Application and cover letter
- Thesis report
- Any document (publications, etc.) relevant to the application
- We receive applications sent by email only, no applications by mail
Conditions of application
- Holding a PhD or equivalent when applying
- Post-doctoral project in line with an ongoing Labex project
- Being holder of the diploma for less than 5 years when applying
- No age limits
- Scientific quality of the project
- Excellence of the applicant
Publication: May, 9th, 2017
- Deadline for application: Friday, June 9th, 2017 at 8:00 a.m. (GMT +1) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Examination of the application and selection of the eligible candidates: June, 13th, 2017
- Audition of the candidates (and the project leader if required) by the Scientific committee: Tuesday, June 27th, 2017
- The results will be announced from June 28th, 2017 on by email and online publication on our website.
The contract will be effective on October 1st, 2017.
2500€ monthly gross
Reminder: Scientific lines of the Labex Arts-H2H
1. Arts and human mediations. Situations
Through the dimension of sensitivity and perception, a reflection in action is performed: corporeal and psychological, intellectual and symbolic, its treasures of technique and imagination spread into the artistic field and extend to the social sphere. Recent developments in digital technologies now allow us to expand our thoughts concerning artistic potentialities and create new types of mediation between arts and society.
In this context, the range of acceptable subjects following the “Situations” line is quite wide. Research can focus on the functioning of artistic and creation practices, their mediation in the following fields:
- Processes and functioning in creation: sensitivity and perception, behaviors, processes of appropriation, decision, action, composition
- New forms of development and learning in arts and human mediations
- Art, critique and society
- Art and science
- Memory, creation, archives and collections
2. Arts and human mediations. Technologies
The wealth inherited from specific techniques, the work on sensitivity as it was constituted, the processes sedimented in a variety of disciplines remain essential to arts. New technologies are, however, one of the factors that tend to transform the way art makes sensitivity perceptible. The evolution of the relations between players, creators, designers of artworks and the public is corollary of this transformation.
Research focuses on the consequences of this new digital configuration, in art and in the world. It may extend beyond the “digital sector” and develop in the field of the history of technologies
- Artistic devices and sensitive categories (sounds, images, texts)
- Tools, concepts and artistic practices (art and environment, art and mobility, art and science)
- Ergonomics, creation and human diversity (design, environments and adapted mediations)
3. Arts and human mediations. Hybridizations
Research will focus on the forms of hybridization in the history of arts, or on the impact the hybridizations have in the contemporary world:
- Combination of arts (text and digital technology, opera and staging, dance and interactivity, performance and plastic arts).
- Human / Technology (technologies and behaviors, technologies and representations, philosophy)