Chinese Government Scholarship - EU Program
EU Window Chinese Government Scholarship is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education, PR China, for candidates from EU member countries, under the framework of China-EU High Level People-to-People Dialogue (HPPD).
The purpose of this program is to expand student exchanges between China and the European Union.
Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
This program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory study), as specified in the Admission Letter.
Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable. Program Search can help you find the program and university you're interested in.
The EU Program provides a full scholarship of tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to “Chinese Government Scholarship Coverage and Standard” for details.
Applicants must be a citizen of an EU member country (UK included), and be in good health.
The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
Where to Apply and When to Apply
You should apply to the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P. R. China to the EU. The address is as follows:
EU Window Office for Education and Culture
Mission of P. R China to the European Union
Boulevard de la Woluwe, 100
1200 Brussels, Belgium
Online application and the corresponding application documents should be submitted to the Chinese Mission to the European Union no later than April 1st, 2018.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English).
- Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents inlanguages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates.)
- Recommendation letters: Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors. It is not compulsory for language and bachelor applicants.
- Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
- Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form designed by the Chinese quarantine authority can be downloaded from www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- An empty envelope with your reliable address for posting the admission document to you if you are admitted. Typed address is highly recommended since writing sometimes is hard to be recognized. Please make sure that you can get mails from the address you provide in July and August. (IMPORTANT)
Please submit the following documents if applicable
- Pre-admission Letter from Chinese Government Scholarship universities.
- Language qualification certificate, e.g., HSK certificates, IELTS or TOFEL report.
- The above documents should be bound on top left corner. Unlike previous years, only one set of documents is required instead of in duplicate. No application documents will be returned.
- Crucial documents such as original copies of diplomas, Foreigner Physical Examination Form as well as medical test reports must be properly kept by the applicants themselves. (IMPORTANT)
- Application documents will not be returned.
Placement & Scholarship Confirmation
Application documents of recommended candidates from the EU office will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered;
Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Based on various factors, such as the different scholarship funding requirements of every country, the host university’s teaching capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments/changes to the candidate’s host university, field of study, supporting categories and duration of scholarship. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation;
After placement confirmation by Chinese universities, scholarship recipients will get Chinese government scholarships to study in China with approval by CSC. Each scholarship recipient will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients and sends the admission documents to the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P.R.China to the European Union before July 31st. The Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P.R.China to the European Union will send the admission documents — List of Scholarship Recipients, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) — to the scholarship recipients.
Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.