Chinese Government Scholarship - EU Program
Under the framework of China-EU High Level People-to-People Dialogue (HPPD), entrusted by China Scholarship Council (CSC), the Mission of P. R. China to the EU will continue to provide the Chinese Government Scholarship through EU Window Program in 2017.
This program is a full scholarship for EU citizens. The total number of scholarships for this academic year (September 2017 - July 2018) is 137.
This program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory study), as specified in the Admission Letter.
Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable.
The EU Program provides a full scholarship of tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
Applicants must be a citizen of an EU member country, and be in good health.
The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
- be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
- be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
- Application documents of recommended candidates from the EU office will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Based on various factors, such as the different scholarship funding requirements of every country, the host university's teaching capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments/changes to the candidate’s host university, field of study, supporting categories and duration of scholarship. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation;
- After placement confirmation by Chinese universities, scholarship recipients will get Chinese government scholarships to study in China with approval by CSC. Each scholarship recipient will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
- CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients and sends the admission documents to the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P.R.China to the European Union before July 31st. The Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P.R.China to the European Union will send the admission documents to the scholarship recipients.
- Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
- Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.