David Wechsler Early Career Grant for Innovative Work in Cognition
The David Wechsler Early Career Grant for Innovative Work in Cognition supports early career psychologists pursuing innovative work in neuropsychology, intelligence and/or the assessment aspects of cognition. Those who work on positive applied neuropsychology are encouraged to apply.
Up to $25,000
For grants and scholarships that are $10,000 or more, APF will make the award to your institution. APF does not allow institutional indirect costs or overhead costs. Applicants may use grant monies for direct administrative costs of their proposed project.
- Encourage the careers of early career psychologists to pursue innovative work in cognition, particularly those who work on positive applied neuropsychology
- Seed the knowledge base with cutting-edge research in neuropsychology, intelligence and/or the assessment aspects of cognition
- Be psychologists with an EdD, PsyD or PhD from an accredited university.
- Be no more than 10 years post doctoral.
- Have demonstrated competence and capacity to execute the proposed work.
International applicants who meet the other eligibility requirements may apply for APF funding.
Proposals will be evaluated on:
- Conformance with stated program goals and candidate’s qualifications
- Quality and potential impact of proposed work
- Originality, innovation and contribution to the field with proposed project
- Applicant’s demonstrated competence and capability to execute the proposed work