Estonian National Scholarship Program: Mobility Grants for International Researchers and Academic Staff
Estonian Ministry of Education and Research and Archimedes Foundation offer scholarships to foreign nationals, pursuant to bilateral intergovernmental or inter-ministerial agreements concluded with other countries. Starting from the year 2016 the scholarships based on the international agreements are offered in the framework of the Estonian Scholarship Programme for international students, researchers and academic staff.
We offer following scholarships:
- scholarships for undergraduate studies in the fields related to Estonian language and culture;
- scholarships for MA and PhD studies;
- scholarships for participation in summer and winter schools;
- mobility grants for researchers and academic staff.
Scholarships for researchers
Scholarships for researchers can be awarded to the researchers and academic staff of higher education institutions abroad. The person using the scholarship shall hold an academic position at her/his home institutions. For example, the following are considered academic positions: professor, associate professor, teacher, reader, research fellow, lecturer, assistant, post-doc. The list is not comprehensive. PhD students can apply for the scholarship for students only. The scholarship can be used for research, teaching, collaboration with colleagues etc.
Period of scholarship
Scholarships for researchers are divided into short-term (1-9 days) and long-term (10 days – 10 calendar months) scholarships. The subsistence rates are 45 EUR per day and 422 EUR per month respectively. Any period of 30 days is regarded as month. The grant period is the period from the first day of work up to the last day of work according to the dates mentioned in the letter of confirmation of the recipient institution. During the period of payment of grant the grantee should stay in Estonia.
For the application of grants the formal application along with motivation letter, copy of the passport or ID-card and the following additional documents are submitted:
- CV (EUROPASS format preferred);
- work plan for the period in Estonia (2 A4 pages max.);
- verification of employment at the research institution abroad;
- recommendation letter from home institution;
- statement of interest and admittance from the host university in Estonia explaining the importance of the work of the applicant for Estonia.
The decision to award a grant to the applicant does not guarantee his/her admittance to the institution of interest. The applicant should submit the necessary documents directly to the host institution and the decision on admission shall be taken before the scholarship is paid to the grantee.
Application period is from 1.04.2017 to 1.05.2017!