Four Postdoctoral Research Positions in European Studies at ACCESS EUROPE, Amsterdam
Starting 1 September 2016, ACCESS EUROPE offers four postdoctoral research positions for the duration of one year. The selected candidates will be working at one of the participating faculties of the UvA or the VU.
The candidates should have demonstrated affinity with one of the research themes of ACCESS EUROPE, in which the candidate will be working.
- European Law and Governance;
- European Constitutionalism;
- Political Economy of Integration and Welfare;
- European Politics and Society;
- European Identity and Culture and
- Europe and the World.
Priority will be given to applications for the themes European Constitutionalism, Political Economy of Integration and Welfare, European Identity and Culture, and Europe and the World, although applications for other themes will be considered too.
- Carrying out fundamental research, and publishing results in international peer-reviewed ISI journals in collaboration with other researchers involved in the theme;
- helping to organize research seminars and international workshops;
- writing a VENI or VIDI proposal for submission to the Dutch Science Foundation (NWO) in the 2016 round as part of the expected research output.
The appointment will be on a temporary basis for the period of 1 year at the University of Amsterdam or the VU University Amsterdam, starting a.s.a.p., preferably on 1 September 2016. Depending on the individual profile of the successful candidates, it may be possible to extend the length of the postdoctoral appointment through supplementary teaching and/or support from other research units within the two universities. The gross monthly salary will be between €2,532 and €4,654 (scale 10-11, Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), in the case of a full-time position (38 hours per week).