France Canada Research Fund Call for Projects
The New Scientific Collaboration Support Program, financed by the France-Canada Research Fund (FCRF), aims to accomplish the following objectives:
- Support developing new expert partnerships between France and Canada,
- Promote the advancement of research and innovation,
- Prepare and structure scientific cooperation between the two countries,
- Promote researcher mobility, particularly for young researchers, and
- Provide research training for young researchers
This program provides financing for new scientific projects jointly developed by French and Canadian teams that have never worked together before. The financing is awarded to two-year projects in amounts ranging from $8,000 to $15,000, according to the needs expressed by lead researchers. This financing is primarily intended to support the mobility of researchers and their students. Submitted proposals must be joint projects between a French establishment (all universities, Grandes Écoles, and research organizations are eligible) and one of the 20 FCRF’s Canadian member universities.
The Program will evaluate proposals on the following criteria:
- Innovative nature of the proposed project (quality, pertinence)
- Contribution to the advancement of knowledge (project implications)
- Quality of the dossier presented by researchers and team members (publications, credits, other types of prior recognition)
- Proposed execution of research (methodology, calendar, budget)
- Significance and contributions of the binational collaboration (team dynamics and balance between teams)
- Participation of young researchers and/or Master’s/doctoral students (contributions, benefits)
Only projects involving collaboration between researchers who have never worked together will be taken into consideration.
Requests to renew previously-awarded FCRF financing will not be accepted.