Fyssen Foundation Post-doctoral Study Grants in Anthropology, Paleontology, Cognitive Sciences
Study grants are ment for post-doctoral researchers, working on research disciplines such as Ethology, Paleontology, Archaeology, Anthropology, Psychology, Epistemology, Logic and Sciences of nervous system.
These grants are awarded to french or foreign researchers, holders of a foreign Phd and who wish to achieve their project in a Laboratory in France; or either french or foreign researchers holders of a french Phd who wish to achieve their project in a Laboratory abroad (excluded origin country and co-tutorship)
- Start their first post-doctoral fellowship with this financial support.
- Be 35 year old maximum on the closing day of the call.
- Be a holder of a Phd of less than two years on September 1st of the year of application, or achieve its viva thesis on December 31st of the year of application at the latest. The applicant should have achieved its PhD before starting the fellowship.
- Regarding the host laboratories located in France : the recipient hosted within a framework of a fixed-term contract will have to make sure that a convention of co-financing can be signed between the Foundation and the laboratory to cover, in equal shares, the cost of the gross salary loaded with.
Amount of the grant
These grants, of an annual maximum amount of 30 000 euros, intend to cover expenses of hosting, stay and health insurance.
Duration of the grant
Grants are allocated from 12 months, not renewable, or 24 months subject to the approval of the Scientific commitee after examination of a report at the end of first year.
The Post doctoral fellowship will start on September 1st of the application year the earliest and at the latest on January of the following year.
- February 13th, 2018: Online application forms.
- April 5th, 2018 12:00 Am ( noon) French time ( Gmt+1) closing of the applications and deadline to forward by post one hard copy (strictly identical to the online file) to the Foundation (Date as Postmark).
- The receipt of the online application as well as of the hard copy will be notified by an email confirmation.
- Mid July 2018: Results sent by post.