Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowships
This programme aims to support suitably qualified applicants in any discipline to pursue a postdoctoral fellowship at an eligible higher education institution in Ireland. Fellows will hold a Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship. These fellowships can be held for either one or two years.
An applicant must have either graduated or have been certified as having fulfilled all the requirements for the award of a doctoral degree, including a viva/thesis defence, within the five-year period between 31 March 2013 and 31 March 2018.
What we offer
- a salary of €31,275 per annum
- employer’s PRSI contribution of €3,365 per annum (10.75% of salary)
- employer’s pension contribution, where applicable, of €6,255 per annum (20% of salary)
- eligible direct research expenses of €5,000 per annum
How to apply
Documentation related to the 2018 Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship call will be released shortly. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
- FAQ deadline 16:00 (Irish time) 21 November 2017
- Applicant deadline 16:00 (Irish time) 30 November 2017
- Mentor and referee deadline 16:00 (Irish time) 7 December 2017
- Research office endorsement deadline 16:00 (Irish time) 14 December 2017
- Call outcome April 2018
- Fellowship start date 1 October 2018
Please note that the timings provided here are indicative and may be subject to change.