Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowships
This programme aims to support suitably qualified applicants in any discipline to pursue a postdoctoral fellowship at an eligible higher education institution in Ireland. Fellows will hold a Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship. These fellowships can be held for either one or two years.
An applicant must have either graduated or have been certified as having fulfilled all the requirements for the award of a doctoral degree, including the submission of the hardbound corrected thesis, within the five year period between 31 May 2014 and 31 May 2019.
What we offer
- a salary of €31,275 per annum
- employer’s PRSI contribution of €3,395 per annum (10.85% of salary)
- employer’s pension contribution, where applicable, of €6,255 per annum (20% of salary)
- eligible direct research expenses of €5,000 per annum
How to apply
Documentation related to the 2019 Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship call will be released shortly. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
- FAQ deadline - 16:00 (Irish time) 21 November 2018
- Applicant deadline - 16:00 (Irish time) 29 November 2018
- Mentor and referee deadline - 16:00 (Irish time) 6 December 2018
- Research office endorsement deadline - 16:00 (Irish time) 13 December 2018
- Call outcome - End of April 2019
- Fellowship start date - 1 October 2019
Please note that the timings provided here are indicative and may be subject to change.
If you do not find the answer to your query in the call documentation, you should contact the research office in your proposed institution which will provide information and clarification on the call. Research offices can send any queries they are unable to clarify to email@example.com.