INTERREG Atlantic Area Call for Projects
As part of the European Union’s cohesion policy, INTERREG Atlantic Area supports transnational cooperation projects in 38 regions of five Atlantic countries: France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom, contributing to the achievement of economic, social and territorial cohesion.
The overall objective is to implement solutions to answer to regional challenges in the fields of innovation, resource efficiency, environment and cultural assets, supporting regional development and sustainable growth.
With a total budget of EUR 185 million, which comprises a fund allocation above EUR 140 million from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the Programme focuses on four main priorities axes and specific objectives related:
- 1. Stimulating innovation and competitiveness, addressing the challenge of accelerating intelligent growth
- 2. Fostering resource efficiency, promoting renewable energies and energy efficiency
- 3. Strengthening the territory's resilience to risks of natural, climate and human origin, to support a better protection and management of the territory
- 4. Enhancing biodiversity and the natural and cultural assets will serve the identified need of protecting the environment and promoting the cultural and natural identity
Projects should be developed according to the type of actions the Programme wants to support and will have to be focused on delivering transnational, tangible and sustainable results and territorial and economic impact across the Atlantic Area.
As general rule, the Programme offers a maximum co-financing rate of 75% of the total project budget.
Who can apply?
- A wide range of organisations under public or private law, are potential beneficiaries of European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and may therefore join a project partnership. However, the Lead Partner must be a public or not-for-profit private organisation under national law.
- One key factor for high quality projects is the mobilization of key players, with a full range of relevant stakeholders and a well-balanced involvement of regions and a good geographical spread across the Atlantic Area.
- Project partners must be located within the eligible territory of the Atlantic Area regions. However, organisations based outside the cooperation area in the EU or third countries can participate if the benefit for regions in the cooperation area is demonstrated.
How to apply?
Applicants are invited to submit Expressions of Interest (EOIs) through the online application form. Based on the eligibility check and quality assessment of expressions of interest made by the Joint Secretariat of the programme, the Monitoring Committee will make decisions on EOIs to be selected to progress to the second stage of the application process.