ISA Bologna Visiting Fellowship
In order to foster the internationalization and interdisciplinarity of the University of Bologna, the ISA (Istituto di Studi Avanzati), offers ten Visiting Fellowships for a period of one to three months to international visiting professors. The fellowships must be proposed by members of the academic staff of the University of Bologna and will be organized in close collaboration with the University Departments. The Fellowship period must be continuous in order to allow for a fruitful interaction with the Institute and the students.
The Visiting Fellows will receive from ISA:
- A Contribution to be chosen between:
- a lump-sum compensation to cover travel, transportation, food expenses and possible visa in the gross amount of 800,00 Euros for EU residents and 1,100 Euros for non-EU residents;
- a direct reimbursement of the mere travel expenses duly documented (up to 800,00 Euros for EU residents and 1,100 Euros for non-EU residents).
- Accommodation: in preference, but depending on availability, in a fully equipped apartment for two people in Via De Rolandis 3, in the proximity of the Istituto di Studi Avanzati (Via Marsala 26, Bologna) and of the Rectorate or in a studio-apartment at the Residence Terzo Millennio, via Pietro Miliani 7/2, Borgo Panigale – Bologna
- Fellows room: a fully equipped study and reading room located at Palazzo Paleotti, via Zamboni 25 (Bologna).
Applications must be uploaded by the University of Bologna Proponent no later than 11:00 p.m. on November 30, 2017. The online procedure is described in the Call.
The application must be accompanied by the following documents, which shall be uploaded:
- A letter of invitation and support, signed by the University of Bologna Proponent, describing the reasons for the proposal of the Visiting Fellow and the planned activities, also in relation to the period of stay (on line mask).
- Short scientific profile of the Visiting Fellow for the subsequent presentation on the ISA web site (on line mask).
- Title and synopsis of the ISA lecture that the Visiting Fellow will deliver at the Institute (on line mask).
- One single file containing personal and professional data, curriculum vitae et studiorum and publication list of the last 5 years of the Senior Visiting Fellow.
- A scanned copy of the Visiting Fellow’s valid Passport or ID document (file to be uploaded)
- The system will require an explicit declaration of the Proponent regarding having received the favorable decision by the Head of Department to host the Visiting Fellow.
At the end of the upload, the Proponent can save the proposal for possible future modifications or send it directly. In this case, the proposal will no longer be modifiable.
The proposal must be sent before the deadline indicated in this call. Proposals saved but not sent will not be considered.
The elements I, II, III and IV presented in Art. 2 will be evaluated by the ISA Board, who will then select the best ten applicants. The ISA board is composed of academics representing all the scientific areas of the University of Bologna.
The selection criteria are the following:
- The scientific excellence of the applicant 50% (the continuity and impact of the scientific activity in the last five years will be especially considered)
- The relevance of an ISA residency 50% (the extent of interdisciplinary involvement of the scientific community will be considered as well as the participation in teaching activity in courses of the University of Bologna).
- The results of the selection will be communicated at the end of the selection procedure not later than January 30th, 2018 by publication on the website and also by e-mail to the University of Bologna proposing Professors.