Jangseogak Fellow Program in Korea
The Jangseogak Archives at the Academy of Korean Studies is pleased to announce its newly established fellowships for overseas scholars of Korean studies. The fellows will participate in the English translation projects of Korean classical sources (from the Jangseogak Archives) or collaborative research projects on these archival sources. The fellows are required to reside in Korea during the period of fellowship.
- Scholars in the various fields of the humanities and the social sciences who have well-developed research interests in pre-modern Korean (or related area) studies
- Ph.Ds from universities/research institutes with research experience in Korean or related studies (For ABD applicants, Ph.D required by the time of appointment)
Expected period of stay is available from 6 to 10 months.
- The fellowship requires a full-time commitment; the recipient is not eligible for receiving other fellowships in Korea during the same period.
- The fellows should begin their research before August 31st 2016 at the latest.
- Fellows are expected to participate in translation projects (Classical Chinese into English) or team research projects to be conducted by the Jangseogak Archives.
- Fellows are expected to present the results or findings of his or her research at a seminar at the Jangseogak Archives in the AKS at least once before the term of their fellowship is completed.
Funding and Benefits
- Airfare: round-trip economy (only for the fellows; excepting those who reside in Korea)
- A stipend of 2,500,000 won per month (the fellow should reside at the Academy at least fifteen days each month to be eligible)
- 50 % discount for accommodations (Guest House) at the Academy