Khaled al'As-ad Post-doctoral Fellowships for Refugees
- must have refugee status or, at the moment they apply for the fellowship, have submitted an application for refugee to the immigration office of a member state of the European Union;
- must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 24 months in the 3 years immediately preceding recruitment (mobility rule)
- must hold a Ph.D.
The Research Department and the International Service in the ULB’s External Relations Department can help candidates identify and contact members of ULB academic staff working in their field, in order to complete their application and design their research project.
End February/early March, applications will be submitted to the Board of the Research Council, comprising members of academic staff from the main research domains (Human and Social Sciences, Science and Technology, Life Sciences), and expanded to include the Vice-Rector for International Relations and the Vice-Rector in charge of the coordination of the ULB’s actions in favour of Syrian and Iraqi refugees. The panel members will receive a copy of all applications at least two weeks before the panel meeting. They will be asked to make their selection by ranking applications on the basis of the following three criteria:
- the quality of the applicant;
- the quality of the research project; and
- the quality of the scientific environment.