Koç University Short-Term Fellowships in Anatolian Civilization Studies
Short-term fellowships are available to post-doc and senior applicants for intensive collaborative research opportunities for durations between 2 weeks and 2 months. These fellowships are open to individuals or groups of 2–4 people and are intended to provide support for ongoing projects, such as finalizing a publication or conducting intensive material analysis or conservation-restoration projects. Collaborative fellowships with Koç University faculty, centers, and facilities are preferred. In such cases applicants must demonstrate previously established connections in the project description, and collaborating Koç University faculty must supply a reference letter as part of the application. Fellowships provide round-trip travel to Istanbul, accommodation at ANAMED, five meals a week, and a stipend up to $1200.
Applications are due on a semi-rolling basis, with due dates set well ahead of proposed fellowship dates. For projects to be conducted between
- FALL TERM (16 September and 15 December) applications are due 1 April to 1 May;
- WINTER TERM (16 December and 15 March) applications are due 1 October to 1 November;
- SPRING-SUMMER TERM (16 March and 15 September), applications are due 1 January to 1 February.
Applicants for short-term fellowships are encouraged, but not required, to apply under one or more of ANAMED’s research themes. Projects unrelated to themes will be given full and impartial consideration in the review process. Theme selection(s) are made within the application form.
Formerly selected fellows can reapply after 2 years.
How to Apply
Please fill in the (1) Application Form and send it along with all the documents below to firstname.lastname@example.org before the February 1st deadline.
- (2) Transcripts (only for post-doc applicants)
- (3) Curriculum Vitae
- (4) Copy of your passport
- (5) One recommendation letter (to be submitted directly via e-mail to email@example.com )
- (6) Project Description;
- (7) A passport size photo