Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students
On behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) invites foreign citizens who are interested in studying for a specialization, master’s degree or doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program, to participate in the 2018 Mexican Government Scholarship Program for International Students.
The scholarships are offered to more than 180 countries through a series of bilateral conventions, multilateral programs and special agreements. More than 70 Mexican institutions participate and all offer academic programs registered with the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) as National Quality Graduate Programs. These programs demonstrate the progress made by Mexico in the sciences and humanities.
By offering Mexican government scholarships for international students, Mexico strengthens its role as an actor with global responsibility and renews its commitment to cooperation programs that help create highly-skilled human capital. The presence in Mexico of international students, academics and scientists helps build permanent bridges of dialogue that enrich the long-term foreign policy agenda through contributions of exceptional value for the country and its partners abroad. In addition, the Mexican institutions and academic community benefit from the increased internationalization.
General terms and conditions
All scholarships awarded under this Call will be to begin academic activities from 1st of March to 8th of December 2019, in the following modalities (maximum length of the scholarshoip):
- Undergraduate and Graduate Mobility Programs: One Academic Term (trimester, quarter or semester)
- Graduate-level research and postdoctoral fellowships: 12 months (1 month minimum)
- Specializations: 1 year
- Master's Degree: 2 years
- Doctoral Prograls: 3 or 4 years (according to the program)
- Medical specialization and subspecializations: 3 years
Under no circumstances the maximum length of the scholarship will be extended.
Scholarships are not granted for direct Ph.D. programs (combined M.A. and Ph.D. programs), distance learning programs, open or online education. The following academic programs are not eligible for scholarships: Business Administration, Plastic Surgery, Accouting, Marketing, Advertising, Dentistry and Odontology, as well as related fields.
Requirements for all applicants:
- Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D. Degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
- Minimum grade point average of eighty (80), on a scale of 0 to 100, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received.
- Be accepted or currently enrolled in a program of the participating Mexican institutions in this Call.