Montréal University Institute on Addictions Postdoctoral Fellowship Competition
The University Institute on Addictions (UIA) of the Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux du Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal is offering a postdoctoral yearly fellowship of 50 000$ CAD for 2017. The submitted research project has to be related to one of the Institute’s research themes.
- The candidate must hold a PhD degree before starting the postdoctoral research, but not for more than three years prior to the proposed starting date of the fellowship;
- The candidate must be supervised by a regular researcher from the UIA and the latter must formally agree to supervise the candidate in the postdoctoral research and will guarantee the feasibility of the project. The first step is therefore to contact a researcher from the UIA to elaborate a project that could be realized within a 12 month period.
- The candidate must have completed his or her university studies in a field relevant or related to addictions: Anthropology, criminology, law, health sciences (including medicine, nursing, public health), history, psychiatry, psycho-education, psychology, political science, sociology, applied social sciences statistics, and social work are the principal related fields;
- The postdoctoral fellow will take place from January to December 2017;
- You must submit your application to the UIA before November 18th 2016;
- Our final decision will be made on the last week November 2016.
The application can be in French or English and must include the following elements:
- Project protocol with the following sections: 1) Background; 2) Objectives; 3) Methods; 4) Timeline; 5) References; 6) Reasons for conducting the research project at the UIA;
- A curriculum vitae outlining your main achievements;
- Three reference letters, including one from the candidate’s thesis supervisor, and one from the UIA researchers supporting the project. Please send the original signed letters by postal mail;
- A summary of the doctoral thesis (3 to 5 pages);
- Undertake your fellowship full time and be present at UIA’s offices in Montreal;
- Write at least two articles in connection with the postdoctoral research project to be submitted to a scientific journal;
- Give at least one talk or conference in one of the UIA’s knowledge translation activities;
- Write a final report (maximum of 10 pages), summarizing the benefits of the research at the end of your fellowship ((this report will be on our website);
- Academic excellence and research abilities;
- The proposed project’s relevance for issues related to the field of addictions.