Portugal > France┋Incoming Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) and Instituto de Ciências Sociais (ICS) from University of Lisbon, offer short-term mobility of three months for a young researcher from Portugal.
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France : field enquiries, library work and archives.
This call is part of the Atlas Programme short term postdoctoral mobility fellowship offered by FMSH and its partners.
Laureates will receive a total stipend of 5 000 euros for a 3 months research stay. This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
FMSH and ICS provide scientific and logistical assistance (working space, help for finding accommodation, letters to libraries…).
- Nationality/residence: Applicants must be Portuguese nationals and be affiliated with an institution of higher education/ public or private research institute in Portugal.
- Education Degree: Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2012. There is no limit of age.
- Theme : Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences ( anthropology, literature and art studies, history, geography, philosophy, political sciences, sociology, archaeology…) ;
- Language: French or English depending on the proposal.
- French host institution: Before submitting their application, applicants must find a French research institution to host them during the time of their fellowship. Applicants must submit a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the ICS expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of the fellowship and showing its ability to provide academic support and supervision to the prospective fellow during the period of his/her fellowship.
You don’t have French scientific contact yet or you haven’t found a laboratory / research center to host you in France? Visit SHSlab : this tool was created by the Observatory of Social and Human Sciences. It enables to launch keyword search to find areas of research in France and research institutions: http://www.observatoire-shs.org/unites-de-recherche
At the end of their stay, laureates will have to provide the FMSH and the ICS with a report from 10 000 to 20 000 characters (spaces and notes included) presenting the work done during their stay and the benefits for their research project.
Applicants must submit an online application (including research proposal and appendices) on the FMSH online platform. Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline on March 16, 2018 at 17:00 (Paris time).
Online application and scientific dossier can be submitted in French or English.
Content of scientific dossier
The research proposal: the research proposal should consist in a short presentation from 10 000 characters to 20 000 characters (spaces and references included) composed with:
- State of art, problematic, objective and specific aim of the research project, methodology
- A bibliography
- The detailed programme of the research stay (places and institutions to be visited, contacts, work plan)
Required appendices :
- A Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- A list of publications
- A copy of the PhD diploma
- A letter from the director of the research institution in the country of origin
- A letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions they can offer
How to apply ?
1. Reach the http://calls.msh-paris.fr and enter « Researcher Workspace » ;
2. You have to be registered on the online platform in order to use it. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to;
3. Create your profile by filling all your personal information and then enter “create a new application”;
4. Select : « Programme Atlas INCOMING ANNEE 2018», and then specific call : « FMSH-ICS : Portugal > France » ;
5. Fill all the information tabs ;
6. In the « Documents » final tab, you will need to upload your research proposal and the appendices into one single PDF document :
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- List of publications
- Letter from the director of the research institution in the country of origin
- Letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France
7. You can save your application and complete it later several times if you wish, until the closure of the call for applications. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer have the possibility to amend it. Once submitted, you will receive an automatic email confirming the submission. Applications not submitted, incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
For any information on the platform or in case of you meet difficulties to use it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Evaluation process and criteria
A selection committee composed with FMSH, ICS and external experts will analyze the application regarding the following criteria:
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay in France regarding the scientific project and the candidate curricula
- The ability to identify scientific contacts in France
Candidates that have never benefited from the programme will be prioritized.
Candidates will be informed by email of the results at the end of April 2018.
- Opening of the call: 02 January 2018
- Deadline of application : 16 Mach 2018 , 17 :00 (Paris time)
- Selection process : 16 March 2018 – mid-April 2018
- Anouncement of the results : end of April 2018
Duration of the fellowship : 3 months
Fellowships periods of stay : From May to july or from September to December 2018. The research stay must start than 1 October 2018.
Number of fellowship offered for this call: 1