Postdoctoral Fellowship in Berlin on Global Intellectual History
The graduate school invites applications for one postdoctoral fellowship. Successful candidates will pursue a research project in global intellectual history (18th to 20th century); they may also work on the transition of a manuscript into book, and they will be involved in the activities of the program.
The fellowship is offered as research position on a fixed-term basis for three years starting on April 1, 2017. Salary is in accordance with TV-L FU level E13 (100%).
- Very good dissertation in History or an Area Studies discipline on a topic related to the research agenda of the graduate school (PhD in hand at time of interview/received within the last five years)
- Very good knowledge of English and the languages relevant to the research proposal
- Thorough knowledge of relevant scholarly debates and approaches in global history and intellectual history
- Teaching experience
- Publications in peer-reviewed academic journals
- Projects that make broad intellectual connections and/or span regions are an asset.
How to apply
Please send the following documents in one pdf file:
- Cover letter including names and contact information of two referees
- Curriculum vitae including list of publications
- Abstract of PhD thesis (two pages)
- Research proposal (five pages) including a brief explanation of how your project fits in the framework of the graduate school
Review of applications will begin on September 16th. Notifications will be sent in mid-October. Successful applicants will be invited to an interview, to take place in Berlin or via Skype in mid- to late November.