Postdoctoral Position at Dar es Salaam University: Natural Resources Management
The Department of Geography - UDSM in collaboration with the Copenhagen Business School invites applicants for a post-doc position in the area of natural resource management. The post-doc position is available through the 4-year Danida-funded New Partnerships for Sustainability (NEPSUS) research project, which starts in April 2016.
The project examines the impact of various kinds of natural resource partnerships on sustainability outcomes (socio-economic and environmental). The position targets an enthusiastic young researcher who has demonstrable expertise in one or more of the natural resources covered in the project (wildlife, forest and coastal resources) and in one or more cross-cutting thematic areas (partnership configurations, legitimacy, sustainability outcomes).
The post-doctoral position is available for 4 years (mid-2016 – mid-2020), based at the University of Dar es Salaam. The fellow will be expected to work full-time with the NEPSUS project during this time.
Applicants must fulfil the following conditions given:
- Have a PhD degree in social science or other related fields of natural sciences from a an accredited University
- Have demonstrable research expertise in at least one of the resources, and possibly one of the thematic areas, listed in the NEPSUS project description
- Have methodological skills that fit some of the needs of the project
- Have some experience in coordinating activities in other (research) projects
- Be prepared to carry out and coordinate research activities in different work packages
- Be prepared to take the post-doc position within a short time of the acceptance of the fellowship (and no later than 1 August 2016)
- Be available for interview on dates that will be communicated (most likely, in the second half of April 2016)