Postdoctoral Research Positions in Moscow: History of World War II and Soviet society
The Higher School of Economics International Center for the History and Sociology of World War II and Its Consequences in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the history of World War II and Soviet society.
HSE offers a competitive salary, health insurance. The appointment is normally made for one year starting September 2016 with the possibility of extension in some cases.
The job involves
- working under the supervision of Oleg Budnitskii, the Center’s Director, and Michael David-Fox, the Academic advisor at the International Center for the History and Sociology of World War II and Its Consequences
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research that is thematically related to the Center’s research project on the history of World War II and wartime Stalinism, as well as on other topics dealing with Soviet history more broadly
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals
- providing consultations on writing scholarly papers in English to Russian colleagues and students
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Center’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The HSE offers access to its library and electronic resources.
- a PhD from an international research university in the field of Soviet or Modern European History or other related fields,
- publication record in English or potential for producing high-quality research publications,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English. All work is conducted in English, knowledge of Russian is not required.