Research fellows at the Centre for East European and International Studies, Berlin: "Regime and the Public Sphere"
We are seeking to appoint five research fellows from 1 September 2016 with limited‑term contracts of two years. Remuneration is according to pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD).
Responsibilities of the successful candidates
- developing and carrying out their own research project as part of the centre’s thematic focus Regime and the Public Sphere/“Machtressourcen und Öffentlichkeit”,
- assisting in the conceptual development of the Institute,
- management of external projects.
The successful candidates will have
- completed a doctorate in the field of contemporary research into the post-Soviet area,
- conceptual and methodological expertise (and a high degree of interest in the development of new area studies approaches for the study area),
- a very good knowledge of English and German as well as knowledge of one language from the study area.
Submission of a research project design
- In addition to the usual materials, applicants are invited to submit a design for a research project (max. 10 pages) which could be completed in two years.
Applications from women with appropriate qualifications are particularly welcome.
Particular consideration will be given to applications from people who have severe disabilities or are entitled to the same treatment under the Social Code (SGB) II, provided they have equivalent skills and qualifications.
Successful candidates will be selected by an independent committee of academics.