SCAS General Residential Fellowship Programme in Uppsala
The Swedish Collegium for Advanced Study (SCAS) offers a General Residential Fellowship Programme open to scholars from all countries. The programme gives fellows the opportunity to concentrate on their own research interests, free from the teaching and administrative obligations of ordinary university life. Fellows are, however, expected to be active members of the scholarly community of the Collegium and to participate in seminars and academic events beyond their own fields of specialization.
At the time of application, the candidate must have held a PhD (or equivalent degree) for at least three years.
Early career scholars must have a promising track record of independent achievements beyond the post- doctoral level, including significant publications, and be active in international fora.
Senior candidates (those who have held a PhD for at least ten years) must have demonstrated a track record of significant and original research achievements over a sequence of years and be active at the international forefront of their research fields.
Scholars may apply for a full academic year or one semester.
Fellows receive a monthly stipend or salary, the size of which will be decided after consultation with the fellow and a consideration of relevant circumstances. Applicants may want to consider seeking additional financial support from other sources, such as sabbatical leave. The Collegium will provide and pay for accommodation for fellows who do not live in the Stockholm–Uppsala region.
Application and Deadline
Applications are reviewed by the Collegium three times a year. In conjunction with these reviews, applications may be sent to external referees. Final decisions are taken by the Principal of the Collegium in consultation with Permanent and Long-term Fellows.
Applications may be submitted two to three years in advance of the period for which candidates wish to come. However, the deadline for the academic year 2019/20 is on 1 July 2018.
If you wish to apply, please submit the following:
- The completed application form: Application Form (PDF file. When the file opens, save it on your computer. You can then complete the application form on your computer and e-mail it to us as an attachment)
- A curriculum vitae (4 pages maximum)
- A description of your intended research project (5 to 10 pages)
- A list of publications
- Three articles, including a brief rationale for selecting the articles (100 words maximum per article)
- (Optional) up to 3 letters of reference. (Please note that a letter of reference will be taken into consideration only if it has been submitted to the email address below by the application deadline at the latest.)
Applications should be e-mailed to: email@example.com