Stipendiary Fellowships at the London SAS Institute of Latin American Studies
The purpose of this scheme is to provide support to Early Career Scholars with relevant subject expertise to pursue innovative and interdisciplinary research on Latin America and the Caribbean in an environment tailored to such work, free from competitive institutional constraints. The scheme enables the Fellows to engage a broad range of UK and international scholars in their research through the formation of networks and through collaboration in research projects, publications and dissemination events such as workshops and conferences. Applications for 2018-19 are currently open.
About the scheme
ILAS' 2018/2019 Stipendiary Fellowship Scheme will offer funding to support Early Career Scholars in Latin America and Caribbean Studies for periods of between three and eight months during the 2018/2019 academic year (October 2018 - July 2019).
Successful applicants will be based at Senate House, London and receive:
- A stipend of £1,750 per calendar month
- Shared office space
- A SAS email account
- Access to Senate House Libraries, which includes the Latin American library collection
- Access and publishing rights into the School on-line repository service, SAS-Space
During your tenure you are expected to contribute in a positive way to the scholarly life and community of the Institute.
- A complete application form
- A short CV (not usually longer than four pages)
- A Research Proposal detailing the research project to be carried out during the Fellowship (maximum: 2000 words)
- A Scholarly Engagement Proposal outlining how the applicant would form networks, disseminate research outputs, work across subject disciplines and apply innovative approaches (approximately 1000 words)
- Two references from appropriate academic referees (further details on references can be found in sections 21-23 of the Call for Applications)