Toyota Foundation Research Grants
"Exploring New Values for Society"
The main topic of Research Grant Program 2018, titled “Exploring New Values for Society”, supports ambitious projects that adopt a panoramic view of the world and look generations into the future in order to seek new values for society by fundamentally exploring novel philosophies and arts to address difficult issues to be faced by future society; issues that are on a global scale; issues that transcend generations; and nascent problems that will only fully manifest themselves in the future.
- Call for Proposals - June 4 to August 3, 2018
- Total Amount of Grants - 60 million yen
- Grant Amount per Project - Up to 8 million yen
- Length of Grant - Two years, beginning May 1, 2019
- Requirements - In principle, project teams of three persons or more are eligible for the grant. (Proposals by teams of two persons or less shall be accepted in cases where it is difficult to organize a team of three persons due to reasons such as the novelty of the social issues targeted by the project.)
- Project representatives must be 45 years old or under on the day of the beginning of the grant.
- No restrictions are placed on proposals with regard to the areas of research or the methods employed; nor is there any limitation with regard to the nationality or place of residence of the project representative or participants, or their affiliation (or lack thereof) with a university, research institute, NPO/NGO, or other organization.
- Grant Selection - Formal decisions on the awarding of grants will be made at the Toyota Foundation Board of Directors meetings scheduled to be held in March 2019, based on the deliberations of a selection committee composed of outside experts.
Proposal Guidelines and Proposal Form Samples
Proposal Guidelines and Project Proposal Form files for Research Grant Program 2018 will be disclosed on June 4, 2018.