Tübitak Fellowship Program for Research in Turkey
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants fellowships for international highly qualified PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers to pursue their research in Turkey in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities. The program aims to promote Turkey’s scientific and technological collaboration with countries of the prospective researchers. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the potential to contribute significantly to Turkey’s goal of international cooperation in scientific and technological development.
Maximum duration for the fellowship is 12 months.
- A monthly stipend of 2,500 Turkish Liras.
- Travel costs (round trip up to 2,250 TL) and Health insurance premiums (up to 2,250 TL)*. In case of approval of TÜBİTAK Department of Science Fellowships and Grant Programs (BİDEB) Steering Committee, travel costs and health insurance for the fellow may be partially covered.
Who can apply
- Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have an invitation from the universities or research institutes in Turkey.
- Applicants should certify that they have sufficient command of language to perform their research.
- Applicants must be 35 years old or younger.
- Applicants should be enrolled in a program in abroad for PhD students.
- Applicants who hold a PhD degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in PhD program.
All successfully submitted applications are listed and prepared for scientific evaluation after the prior selection.
The proposal will be evaluated according to the following 4 evaluation criteria:
- Research potential of the fellow
- Scientific and technological quality of the research proposal
- Impact of the proposed fellowship to the applicant’s training and career development to the hosting institution and to Turkey
- Implementation of the proposed research