National Chengchi University (NCCU)
National Chengchi University (Chinese: 國立政治大學), nickname as "政大", is a national co-educational research university established in Nanjing, Jiangsu, now located in Taipei, Taiwan. It is considered to be one of the most prestigious and important universities of Taiwan. The university, abbreviated as NCCU, specializes in arts and humanities, social sciences, management, politics, and international affairs programs. The name Chengchi (Chinese: 政治; pinyin: zhèngzhì) means governance or politics, and refers to its founding in 1927 as an incubator for senior civil service for the Nanjing Nationalist government of China.
NCCU has 9 colleges, including colleges of Commerce, Communication, Foreign Languages and Literature, Education, Internaltional Affairs, Law, Liberal Arts, Science, and Social Sciences, 34 departments and 48 graduate institutes.
- The College of Commerce is ranked as a top business school by Eduniversal and is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and the European Quality Improvement System.
- The College of Foreign Languages and Literature offers distinctive academic programs on Slavic languages and literature, Arabic languages and literature and Turkish language and culture.
- The College of International Affairs is affiliated with the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs, with specializations in international relations, East Asian studies and Russian studies.
- The Institute of International Relations is Taiwan's premiere research center on Chinese Communist Party, international security and international relations.
- The Center for Public and Business Administration Education and its adjunct institute, the Center for Civil Service Education, provides training for management personnel in government institutions and public and private enterprises.
- The Department of Diplomacy is the only one of its kind in a university in Taiwan.
- NCCU has recently engaged in the fields of information technology and natural science cooperating with Academia Sinica, National Tsinghua University, and the Ministry of Finance.