Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations (RCAC┋ANAMED)
Koç University, Istanbul
Koç University's Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations (RCAC) aims to develop and facilitate research projects that are dedicated to the history, art, architecture and archaeology of civilizations in Turkey. The center also hosts exhibitions focusing on the ancient and modern past of Anatolia, the Ottoman Empire, and Turkey.
- Create in Istanbul a center of superior intellectual standing that supports and disseminates research the study of the past of Turkey.
- Increase the quality and quantity of research on the archaeology of Turkey, museum studies and heritage management.
- Increase the awareness of the contributions and interactions Anatolian civilizations have had with other major world civilizations.
- Develop and provide an educational forum in Turkey that focuses on current practices of international cultural heritage and museum studies.
- Develop programs of documentation, preservation and conservation aimed at protecting the archaeological and cultural heritage of Turkey, with emphasis on digitalized formats.
- Increase our understanding of contemporary Turkish culture and society by exploring the historical and archaeological record.
The center aims to develop and facilitate research projects that are dedicated to the history, art, architecture and archaeology of civilizations in Turkey through exhibitions, symposiums, fellowships and publications.