Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Fellows Program in Taiwan
Academia Sinica (AS), the most eminent national research institution in Taiwan, provides a well-developed research environment for about 600 postdoctoral fellows. Each year, we offer a favourable research opportunity for both domestic and international postdoctoral researchers. Candidates can easily find their fields of interests in versatile areas of mathematics and physical sciences, life sciences, humanities and social sciences at AS.
Postdoctoral Fellows Program at AS consists of Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Fellows and (Regular) Postdoctoral Fellows. Both fellowships provide US$ 23,830 to US$ 34,350 as base annual salary (the exact amount is determined by candidate’s qualification).
This is a full-time research position. The initial appointment is on a 2-year term (with an annual contract), renewable based on satisfactory performance review and funding availability.
Qualifications and Subsidies
Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Fellows:
- PhD degree obtained within last 4 years from local or foreign universities; outstanding record of publications; evidence of excellence in independent research.
- Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship provides air fares and additional US$ 4,500 as research expenditure (for overseas conferences, laboratory equipment etc.).
(Regular) Postdoctoral Fellows:
- PhD degree obtained within last 6 years from local or foreign universities; outstanding record of publications.
- Regular Postdoctoral Fellow may obtain additional subsidy after negotiation with the sponsoring Principal Investigator.
I. Applicant must first contact our Principal Investigators (PIs) directly.
There are 31 institutes or centers at Academia Sinica. Write to the prospective PI directly to state your interest and intention of application.
- Division of Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- Institute of Mathematics
- Institute of Physics
- Institute of Chemistry
- Institute of Earth Sciences
- Institute of Information Science
- Institute of Statistical Science
- Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences
- Institute of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Research Center for Applied Sciences
- Research Center for Environmental Changes
- Research Center for Information Technology Innovation
- Division of Life Sciences
- Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology
- Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology
- Institute of Biological Chemistry
- Institute of Molecular Biology
- Institute of Biomedical Sciences
- Agricultural Biotechnology Research Center
- Genomics Research Center
- Research Center for Biodiversity
- Division of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Institute of History and Philology
- Institute of Ethnology
- Institute of Modern History
- Institute of Economics
- Institute of European and American Studies
- Institute of Chinese Literature and Philosophy
- Institute of Taiwan History
- Institute of Sociology
- Institute of Linguistics
- Institute of Political Science
- Institutum Iurisprudentiae
- Research Center for Humanities and Social Sciences
II. Complete the Online Application
Postdoctoral research program is open for application twice a year: the first round between 1st August and 1st September, the second round between 15th January and 1st March.