Call for IFRIS Post-doctoral Positions
Seven (7) post-doctoral positions are available at the Institute for Research and Innovation in Society.
IFRIS welcomes science, technology and society scholars in all social science disciplines: history, sociology, political sciences, anthropology, economics, management sciences or law.
STS is understood in a broad sense of issues related to the production and use of science and technologies in societies. The post-doc candidates should propose original research projects on specific issues that relate to public health, biomedicine, agricultural sciences, food security, climate change, biodiversity, environmental questions, ICT, “big data” and internet, historical and social construction of technologies, risk and regulation, development and research policies, global distribution of knowledge, intellectual and property rights and global commons, circulation of knowledge, construction of public research policies, multilevel governance of science and technology, knowledge and local development, regimes of regulations and production of sciences and innovation in society.
Selected candidates will be attached to one of the following IFRIS research units (name and acronym are followed by the scientific organisation to which the unit is attached). See the website links for more details on these units.
- Centre Alexandre Koyré (CAK), CNRS, EHESS, Muséum
- Centre de recherche médecine, sciences, santé, santé mentale, société (CERMES3) CNRS, INSERM, EHESS Université Paris Descartes
- Centre d’Economie de Paris Nord (CEPN), Université Paris 13, CNRS
- Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire de Recherche en Science de l’Action (LIRSA), CNAM
- Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire pour la Sociologie Economique (LISE), CNAM
- Histoire des Technosciences en Société (H2TS), CNAM
- Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire Sciences Innovations Sociétés (LISIS), INRA, UPEM, CNRS, ESIEE, ENPC
- Centre Population et développement (CEPED), IRD, Université Paris Descartes
- Patrimoines locaux et gouvernance (PALOC), IRD, Muséum
- Laboratoire Techniques, Territoires, Sociétés (LATTS), UPE, Ecole des Ponts, CNRS
Candidates do not need to have previous knowledge of these research groups. Nonetheless, it might be useful for them to consult their websites or take contacts that might help them designing their research project.
Selected candidates are eligible for a 24-month contract, under the French standard in relation to salary and work status. Contracts will start as soon as possible after selection, according to candidates’ previous obligations and engagements, and on January 1st, 2018 at the latest.
To be eligible, post-doc candidates should hold a Ph.D. or doctoral degree as on the date of December 15th, 2017 at the latest and should have already fulfilled all the obligations for the acquisition of their Ph.D. or doctoral degree.
In case the candidate do not have their degree by the date of this submission, he/she should present a reference letter from their doctoral supervisor certifying that he/she will hold his/her Ph.D. or doctoral degree as on the date of December 15th, 2017 at the latest.
Candidates cannot apply for a post-doc position within a research group where they have prepared their doctoral research work.
- Quality of the research project
- Relevance in relation to IFRIS agenda
- Potential of the topic to favour the integration of the candidate to the hosting research group
- Quality of the candidate’s academic and research trajectory