Call for Two Post-doctoral Researchers in Development Studies at the Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá
Cider (Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Development) of the Universidad de los Andes, in the framework of strengthening and consolidation of its academic and research programs, has open a selection process for two (2) Junior Researchers, as post-doctoral grants, with interests in one of the following areas:
- 1) Local Economic Development, specifically in:
- a) Local and regional economic development
- b) Governance of urban and regional development
- c) Economic development and technology in local and regional settings (especially in small and medium-size cities)
- 2) Gender and Development, specifically in:
- a) Gender and care
- b) Gender and public policy
- c) Gender, masculinities and development
- 3) Peacebuilding and development, specifically in:
- a) Political economy of peacebuilding processes
- b) Dilemmas and difficulties in the implementation of peace agreements
- c) Development and transitional justice: effects of individual and collective reparations
Description of the postdoctoral position
The fellowship will have a duration of two (2) years.
Fellows will be able to use the ample bibliographic resources and services provided by the Universidad de los Andes. The university is recognized as one of the best research universities in Colombia and has been recently ranked as #7 in Latin America by QS. The university is located in the center of Bogotá, a vibrant city of 8 million people.
Salary will be around 6 million Colombian pesos per month (USD 1,700-2,000).
The candidate must fulfil the following requirements:
- Doctoral Degree (completed PhD degree by time of application)
- Develop a research project in the framework of the research area to which they have applied (Local Economic Development; Gender and Development; and Peacebuilding and Development) in the first two (2) months
- Publish at least three (3) articles in indexed journals: one or two stemming from your doctoral thesis, and one or two from the research project co-authored with a professor from Cider
- Participate in the academic life of Cider and the University as well as in research seminars related to his/her research areas
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable but not required.
The focus of these positions is on research and publishing (they will not be allowed to teach). Publications and/or potential for publication in English in high-impact journals will be valued.