CCS Chinese Studies Research Grants in Taiwan
This program is aimed at foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors (including post-doctoral researchers) and doctoral candidates in Chinese studies-related departments at foreign universities, as well as researchers at related foreign academic institutes.
The research should be undertaken in Taiwan, and be focused mainly on Taiwan or Chinese studies.
CCS provides assistance with research expenses, research materials, liaison with universities and research institutions, and use of CCS facilities, etc.
Research tenure is three months to one year.
Applications should be submitted to CCS by May 31 of each year before the year in which grants are intended to be used; notification of CCS’s decision will be given by the end of August of the same year after a careful review.
- Travel subsidy: One direct round trip economy class air ticket from the domicile of the grant recipient to Taipei will be provided by CCS. Travel expenses will be reimbursed upon arrival in Taiwan on the basis of the ticket stub and receipt.
- Research subsidy: Paid to grant recipients at the beginning of each month and divided into four levels: professor, associate professor, assistant professor (including post-doctoral researcher), and doctoral candidate.
Researchers at academic/research institutes will also receive research subsidies according to the above scale. The actual amounts of research subsidies are determined by CCS and any adjustments to those amounts will be decided upon by the CCS Advisory Committee.
A direct round-trip ticket between the domicile of grant recipients and Taipei is available; monthly grants are awarded according to the following scale:
- Full Professor NT$ 60,000
- Assistant Professor NT$ 40,000
- Associate Professor NT$50,000
- Doctoral Candidate NT$ 40,000
Grant recipients must sign a contract with CCS and observe the following regulations:
- No outside employment is allowed without the prior approval of CCS. Concurrent acceptance of a grant from any other organization in the R.O.C. is not permitted.
- Participation in all scholarly research activities arranged by CCS is required.
- All regulations must be observed when using CCS and National Central Library facilities.
- A research report or paper must be submitted to CCS by the end of the grant recipient’s research tenure.