Cridaq Postdoctoral Fellowship on Democracy and Diversity
The Center for Interdisciplinary Rsearch on Diversity and Democracy (CRIDAQ) at Université du Québec à Montréal is offering a postdoctoral fellowship for the 2019-2020 academic year ($35,000 gross salary). The fellowship must be used to carry out a project related to the CRIDAQ research themes in one of four CRIDAQ antennae (UQAM, Université Laval, Université de Montréal, Concordia University).
- In order to apply, candidates must have defended their thesis before September 1, 2019;
- Candidates must have obtained their Ph.D. after 30 April, 2015;
- Candidates must have sufficient knowledge of French to participate in CRIDAQ activities;
- The doctoral thesis must not have been written under the supervision of a regular member of CRIDAQ.
CRIDAQ will offer to its fellow:
- A gross salary of $35.000;
- An individual workstation;
- Access to the host university facilities;
- Assistance in the material organization of the stay.
The fellow is expected to:
- Pursue the research project as submitted;
- Participate in the activities (seminars, conferences, workshops) organized by the CRIDAQ host university on a regular basis;
- Present his/her current work to other researchers through the activities of the Center in the host university, as well as in at least one other partner university;
- Provide scientific direction for the Séminaire jeunes chercheur·e·s du CRIDAQ to be held in 2020;
- Be present at the CRIDAQ offices of the host university on a regular basis.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria
- The quality of the research project and its relevance to the Center’s mandate;
- The quality of previous research and the ability of the candidate to benefit from/and contribute to the activities of the Center.
Candidates should send the following documents
- A letter of motivation, written in French, in which the candidate identifies the host university where he/she wishes to complete the fellowship as well as the CRIDAQ researcher(s) with whom he/she intends to work;
- A letter (or e-mail) from a regular member of CRIDAQ indicating his/her interest in supervising the candidate’s research at the Center;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A writing sample (book chapter, article, or academic paper). Please note that the work submitted must be written in either French or English;
- A research project (1500 words maximum).
- + Two letters of reference (directly sent to CRIDAQ by email before deadline: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deadline for application: January 15, 2019
- Announcement of the results: March 2019