IPODI Postdoctoral Fellowships for Female Researchers at TU Berlin
The International Post-Doc Initiative (IPODI) is part of the gender equality strategy of the Technische Universität Berlin and aims at increasing the number of female researchers in leadership positions. IPODI awards seven Incoming Postdoctoral Fellowships (salary comparable to E 13/E 14 TV-L).
The IPODI Fellowship Programme is open to outstanding (female) researchers of all nationalities and from all fields of research represented at the TU Berlin. IPODI Fellows will find excellent research conditions in one of the seven faculties of the TU Berlin.
IPODI Fellows will receive
- A two-year employment contract with salaries equal to those of the Marie Curie Programme for experienced researchers, including social security and health insurance as well as pension coverage (salary comparable to E 13/E 14 TV-L),
- A yearly travel allowance depending on the researcher’s location of origin,
- A contribution to research costs of 4 800€ per fellowship,
- The opportunity for professional training in career development and research management.
Conditions for application
- Applicants must have at least two and not more than ten years of research experience after obtaining their doctoral degree, in exceptional cases an extension of up to three years is possible,
- Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the call deadline,
- The research proposal has to be supported by a cooperating professor of the TU Berlin.
Salary and Benefits
IPODI Fellows receive a two-year employment contract with the TU Berlin, including social security insurance, pension coverage and health insurance. The TU Berlin purposely honors the high potential of the applicants with salaries equal to those of the Marie Curie Programme for experienced researchers (salary scale in the range of E 13/14 TV-L). Furthermore IPODI Fellows receive a yearly travel allowance depending on their place of origin as well as a monthly contribution to research costs.
IPODI Fellows are eligible to apply for an additional training programme in career development and research management, which is specifically addressed to experienced female postdoctoral researchers. Furthermore IPODI Fellows have the opportunity to attend German classes and they can benefit from all of the TU Berlin’s continuing education courses and services.
IPODI Fellows have various opportunities to expand their professional networks. Each fellow is supported by an experienced mentor, who is a senior researcher of the TU Berlin and the IPODI Office organizes regular meetings of all IPODI Fellows. Fellows are also invited to the President's welcome reception for international guest researchers and they are able to attend scientific events taking place at the TU Berlin.