RCH Athens Call for Research Proposals in the Humanities
The Research Centre for the Humanities (RCH) announces its 5th Public Call for the submission of research proposals at a post-doc level to be pursued in 2020. The Centre will grant funding for a maximum of ten projects, for the amount of maximum €10.000 per project, subject to all types of deductions, taxes, dues etc.
Eligible applicants include
- Post-doctoral Researchers: These are scholars who a/ have not exceeded ten (10) years since receiving their doctorate, b/ do not have a full time job and c/ may or may not be enrolled in a post-doctoral institutional program.
- Research Groups: These are research groups of not more than three (3) scholars, at least one of whom must NOT have a full time job. The member in charge of the proposed research project must hold a PhD. The group may be composed of doctoral candidates, post-doctoral scholars and/or junior or senior academics. Anyone with a full time job will not be eligible to any kind of remuneration.
Terms and Conditions
- Each project should be carried out within the year 2020.
- The candidates should not have obtained any other source of funding for the particular proposed research project during the period of the RCH fund, that is 2020.
- The candidates can apply with the same proposed research project for a maximum of two years. In case they wish to apply for a third time, they should do so with a different proposal.
- Successful applicants are required to organize a one or two-day event (workshop, conference, work-in-progress sessions etc.) within the year 2020, with the participation of young scholars.
- Applications may only be submitted electronically via the online Application Form, which will be available on the Centre’s website during the application period.
- The final research paper is submitted in Greek or English (language selection is specified in the Application Form), with an extended summary in the other language.
- For detailed application guidelines, please check FAQs & Application Guidelines.
Selection criteria include the originality and the scientific contribution of the proposed research as well as the deliverables. The proposals will be assessed by established scholars from Greece and abroad. Applicants of shortlisted proposals will also be called for an interview.
- Application Period Starting Date: February 18, 2019
- Application Period Deadline: March 18, 2019 (midnight, local time – Greece)
- Announcement of Results to successful candidates: October 31, 2019
- Announcement of Results on our website: January 2020
- Duration of Research Project: January 2020 – December 2020