RCH Athens Call for Research Proposals in the Humanities
The Research Centre for the Humanities announces its third public call for the submission of research proposals to be pursued in 2018. The Centre will grant funding for a maximum of ten projects, for the amount of maximum €10.000 per project including all types of deductions, taxes, dues etc.
The Centre will grant projects for:
These are scholars who have not exceeded five years since the year they received their doctorate and do not have a full time job.
These are scholars who have received their doctorate at least five years before applying and do not have a full time job.
These are research groups of not more than three scholars, at least one of whom must NOT have a full time job. The member of the group in charge of the proposed research project must hold a PhD. The group may be composed by doctoral candidates, post-doctoral scholars, independent scholars and/or junior or senior academics. Anyone with a full time job will not be eligible to any kind of stipend, but can use the funding for travel, equipment etc.
Terms and Conditions
- Some selection criteria, among others, include the originality and the scientific contribution of the proposed research.
- Each project should be carried out within the year 2018.
- The candidates should not have obtained any other source of funding for the proposed research project.
- The candidates can apply with the same proposed research project for a maximum of two years. In case they wish to apply for a third time, they should do so with a different proposal.
- Each approved proposal is required to organize a 1-2 day event (workshop, conference, work-in-progress sessions etc.) within the year 2018, with the participation of young scholars.
The final research paper is submitted in Greek or English (selection of language specified in the Application Form), with an extended summary in the other language.
The proposals will be refereed by established scholars from Greece and abroad. Applicants of shortlisted proposals will also be called for an interview.
Application Period Starting Date
January 15, 2017Application Period Deadline: February 28, 2017 (midnight, local time)
Announcement of Results
October 31, 2017
Duration of Research Project
January 2018 – December 2018