Research and travel grants┋History of Anti-semitism and the Shoah
The Foundation for the Memory of the Shoah offers doctoral, post-doctoral and research travel grants.
The Foundation funds research on Holocaust-related topics, including its roots and its consequences to the present day, and the study of contemporary anti-Semitism. It also backs research on other 20th-century genocides.
The Foundation gives precedence to projects that open up new fields of knowledge and take an original approach, especially if it draws upon comparative history.
It also attaches importance to European, international and interdisciplinary perspectives that combine historical, anthropological, sociological, legal, philosophical, psychological or literary analyses.
Projects involving the French aspects of anti-Semitism and the Holocaust and/or young researchers will receive particular attention.
- Doctoral grants: €1,200 a month for 12 months maximum. Renewable once on request.
- Post-doctoral grants: €1,550 a month for 12 months maximum. Renewable once on request.
- Research travel grants: on a case-by-case basis
- Doctoral grant applicants must be enrolled in a thesis program when they apply.
- Post-doctoral grant applicants must be connected to an academic institution.
- Academic supervision is also required for applicants requesting research aid.
- Two letters of recommendation from academics are required.
Limitation of the number of grants awarded to the same individual
Grants may be renewed once. Grant renewal applications have the same requirements as the first request and must be accompanied by a detailed report on the work’s progress.
Applying for a grant
Before applying, please read the complete procedure and contact us to make sure your project is eligible.
Next application closing date: April 1st, 2019
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Barring exceptions, the Foundation announces its decision three to six months after receiving the complete application.
Mr Dominique Trimbur
Mrs Régine Socquet
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 42 63 27