South Caucasus > France┋Incoming Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) offer short-term fellowships of three months in France for young post-doc researchers from South Caucasus who have presented their thesis after 2010.
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library work and archives.
This call is part of the Atlas short-term postdoctoral mobility program offered by the FMSH and its partners.
- Duration of the fellowship: 3 months
- Next deadline for applications: 20 April 2017
- Period of stay: Between September and December 2017.
- Number of fellowships available for this call: 2
Laureates will receive a monthly stipend of 1 500 € (paid in three instalments). This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs. FMSH also provides support for visa and logistics.
The researcher will have to be hosted by a French laboratory / center of research. At the end of his stay, he will have to give the FMSH, a one to two pages maximum report on the activities he conducted during his stay and what benefits they brought to his research project.
- This program is open to Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia nationals who are affiliated with an institution of higher education and research / institute of research based in the country ;
- Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate (“Kandidat” thesis) and presented their thesis after 2010 ;
- Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences (anthropology, literature and art studies, history, geography, philosophy, political science, sociology, archeology etc.).
You don’t have French scientific contact yet or you haven’t found a laboratory / research center to host you in France? Visit SHSlab : this tool was created by the Observatory of Social and Human Sciences. It enable to launch keyword search to find areas of research in France and research institutions?
Evaluation process and criteria
A selection committee composed with FMSH members and external experts will analyzed the application regarding the following criteria:
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay regarding the scientific project and the candidate curricula
- The ability to identify scientific contacts in France