ULg Postdoctoral Positions for Foreign PhDs
Within the framework of the FP7-people-COFUND programme 2013-2018, the University of Liège (ULg) currently provides with an international postdoc programme that supports young post-doc research mobility. 25 two-years fellowships are offered yearly to Incoming post-docs and 7 one-year fellowships for ULg Outgoing post-docs.
The fellows will be offered a salary, a research-travel-mobility allowance and attractive LLL courses that enable them to develop their capabilities and independence as research leaders.
24 months, non renewable. The fellowship must start between 1/10/2016 and 31/12/2016.
All research areas
Those applying for the grant must meet the conditions for the allocation of a "foreign post-doctoral grant" in Belgium :
- They must have obtained a PhD abroad and not have lived or worked in their main job in Belgium for more than 24 months in the past 3 years before the start of the BeIPD-COFUND fellowship;
- If they are allocated the grant, they must be doing full-time unconstrained research at ULg;
- During the fellowship, the applicant may not perform other paid work for ULg or a third party.
Additional conditions are imposed within the BeIPD-COFUND programme:
- The applicant must have obtained his/ her doctoral degree after 1 October 2010 or be in a position to obtain his/ her doctoral degree before 16 March 2016. The earliest admissible date of the doctoral degree will be set back by one year per maternity/paternity leave, with a max. of 2 years;
- Applicants may not have previously held a research position (grant, work contract, FNRS post-doc) at ULg before the start of the BeIPD-COFUND fellowship;
- Applicants may not have benefited from a “Belgian post-doc grant” for more than 12 months before the start of the BeIPD-COFUND fellowship.
Researcher’s monthly salary (approx. €2,200 net per month according to Belgian social security law) and a max. €15,000 annual research operating budget.