Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU)
Maulana Azad National Urdu University (Urdu: مولانا آزاد قومی اردو جامعہ, Hindi: मौलाना आज़ाद नेशनल यूनिवर्सिटी) is a Central University located in the city of Hyderabad in the Indian state of Telangana. It was named after Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, India's first Minister of Education, a freedom fighter in India's struggle for independence, and a scholar of Islam and Urdu literature. The university was established by an Act of the Parliament in January 1998, with an All India jurisdiction. The university has been awarded "A" Grade by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The university campus has various departments.
Following academic units:
- Department of Urdu
- Department of English
- Department of Arabic
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Persian
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Political Science & Public Administration
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Translation
- Department of Women Education
- Department of Computer Science & Information Technology
Beside these departments the university has established the following centres:
- Centre for Professional Development of Urdu Medium Teachers
- Centre for Women Studies
- Instructional Media Centre
- Centre for Urdu Language, Literature & Culture
- Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion & Inclusive Policy
- UGC Academic Staff College
The university has an Urdu learning and research institution, the Centre for Urdu Language, Literature & Culture at its Hyderabad campus.
MANUU has also started polytechnic colleges in Hyderabad, Bangalore and Darbhanga. MANUU's I.T.I's are working at Hyderabad, Bangalore and Darbhanga. It has also established model schools in Hyderabad and Darbhanga.
In addition to the above-mentioned institutions, the university has four Colleges of Teacher Education operational in Hyderabad, Bhopal, Darbhanga and Srinagar. N.T.S. (Mysore) has recently established its field unit at the MANUU campus in the Gachibowli section of Hyderabad.