Bologna Institute of Advanced Studies (ISA)
University of Bologna
ISA - Institute of Advanced Studies promotes and organizes international and interdisciplinary research activities.
ISA gives researchers and professors of Alma Mater Studiorum the possibility to invite scholars from all over the world to Bologna in order to foster activities in education and research.
ISA was founded in 2001 on the model of prestigious foreign Institutes of Advanced Studies.
Since 2004, the Institute has been an active member of a number of international networks such as the Network of European Institutes for Advanced Study (NetIAS) and University-Based Institutes for Advanced Study (UBIAS). In 2008, ISA is a branch of the Istituto di Studi Superiori Istituto di Studi Superiori together with Collegio Superiore. Since 2011 is present, along with ISS and Collegio Superiore, in the University Statutes.
ISA was created with the aim of promoting the interdisciplinary exchange of ideas and knowledge at an international level.
ISA aims to:
- Promote and provide a platform for an interdisciplinary approach in research and education.
- Offer a place of interdisciplinary and multicultural meeting and dialogue for Italian and foreign scholars.
- Encourage international mobility among professors, PhD students and young researchers.
- Give the opportunity to groups of scholars from different disciplines to develop research programmes of innovative content, social impact and international relevance.
- Involve international scholars in the educational activities of the University of Bologna through lectures, focus groups and workshops.